1. Scope of this Policy
The www.abven.com website (the “Website”) is operated by Atlantic Bridge Services Limited (“Atlantic Bridge” “we” or “us”) of 22 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, D02 FH68.
2. Summary of this Policy
When you first visit our Website, we only set strictly necessary cookies on your Device (as defined in section 3 below). We will only deploy non-necessary cookies on your Device when we have obtained your prior consent to do so (see Section 5 for further details).
If you choose to consent to our use of non-necessary cookies, you may withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time (see Section 8 for further details). You should also know that some of our cookies collect and process your personal data. We have more information about these cookies in Sections 6 and 7 and you can find further details about our processing activities in our Privacy Notice here.
3. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser on your PC, telephone, tablet or other Internet-connected device (each a “Device”) that “remember” information about you and your visit(s) to a website or connection to web application. For instance, these collect statistical information including navigation paths, number of visits, returning customers and hits per page. They cannot read data off your hard disk. Atlantic Bridge does not share the information that it gathers from cookies with other non- Atlantic Bridge entities or sell it to third parties. More information on how we process your personal data is available in our Privacy Notice here. Cookies can be “first party” which are cookies set by us, or “third-party” which are cookies that are placed on your Device by a third party when you visit our Website. Third-party cookies may be placed on your Device by a third party providing a service to us.
5. Types of Cookies on our Website
This section of our policy explains the different types of cookies used on our Website and which cookies do / do not require your consent:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that register the type and version of your browser. For this reason, we do not require your prior consent to place these cookies on your Device. If you disable these cookies, then the Website will not function properly.
- Functional cookies: These are non-necessary cookies used to recognise you when you return to our Website. By cookies recognising you, it enables us to personalise our content for you, including, where applicable, to remember choices you make (such as your language selection or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We are required to obtain your prior consent to use these cookies on your Device.
- Performance cookies: These cookies are non-necessary and allow us to recognise visitors to our Website. These cookies also count the number of visitors to our Website and help us to understand how visitors use our Website. This information helps us to improve the way our Website works. For example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. This information is gathered anonymously - it is not to enable us to identify visitors to our Website. We use these cookies to determine the kind of content and services our visitors value the most. We are required to obtain your prior consent to use these cookies on your Device.
- Targeting cookies - These cookies are non-necessary and are used to help us deliver adverts more relevant to your personal interests. Alongside this they limit the amount of times you see an advert and measure the effectiveness of adverts. This means you won’t keep seeing irrelevant adverts or the same adverts over and over. We are required to obtain your prior consent to use these cookies on your Device.
6. More Information about our First Party Cookies
The table below provides more information about the first party cookies that we use on the Website, why we use them and the period for which the Website will retain information collected by each cookie:
|JSESSIONID||Strictly Necessary||General purpose platform session cookie, used to maintain an anonymous user session by the server.||For as long as your session visiting our Website|
7. Information about Third-Party Cookies
Third-party cookies are cookies which have been set on our Website but are not directly related to, or overseen by, Atlantic Bridge. We set out more information about these cookies in the table below:
|_ga||Performance||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.||2 years|
|_gid||Performance||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.||1 day|
|_gat_UA-130945085-1||Performance||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to.||59 seconds|
|wooTracker||Performance||Detected on .jobs.abven.com. This is a cookie set by the Woopra Analytics software used to measure site performance.||2 years|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Targeting||This cookie is set by Youtube to keep track of user preferences for Youtube videos embedded in sites. It can also determine whether the website visitor is using the new or old version of the Youtube interface.||6 months|
|YSC||Targeting||This cookie is set by YouTube to track views of embedded videos.||For as long as your session visiting our Website|
|GPS||Targeting||This cookie is set by Youtube to keep track of user location data.||30 minutes|
|IDE||Functional||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.||1 year|
|lang||Functional||There are many different types of cookies associated with this name. However, in most cases it will likely be used to store language preferences, potentially to serve up content in the stored language.||For as long as your session visiting our Website|
|ajs_anonymous_id||Functional||Detected on .jobs.abven.com. These cookies are generally used for Analytics and help count how many people visit a certain site by tracking if you have visited before.||1 year|
|_app_session_key||Functional||Detected on https://jobs.abven.com/. This is cookie necessary for proper behaviour of the job board, it helps us understand if a user is logged in or not.||Session|
8. Controlling Cookies: Your Preferences and Consent
We only deploy strictly necessary cookies upon the initial loading of our Website. All other types of cookies are non-necessary and so we need your prior consent to deploy them. Non-necessary cookies help to maximise your experience when using our Website. We request your prior consent to use non-necessary cookies via our cookie banner:
- by clicking “Accept Cookies”, you will consent to our use of non-necessary cookies;
- you can tailor your preferences by selecting “Performance”, “Targeting” and/or “Functional” to consent to our use of these non-necessary cookies; or
- by clicking “Decline All”, you turn off all non-necessary cookies before they are deployed on your Device Turning off all cookies may affect how well the Website works for you.
Once you set your cookie preference, you can change your preferences by withdrawing your consent at any time via our cookie tool.
9. Disabling and Deleting Cookies
You may also set your browser to disable cookies, but this action may block our strictly necessary cookies and prevent our Website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilise all of the Website features and services.
Manufacturer’s instructions for managing your browser cookie preferences can be found via the following links:
10. More Information and Questions