New Hire: Technology Investment Associate
Atlantic Bridge Overview
Atlantic Bridge is currently hiring a Technology Investment Associate, based in Dublin, working predominately on early-stage investing.
Atlantic Bridge is a global technology investment firm with over €1.2 billion of assets across eight funds, investing in deep tech companies in Europe and the U.S. Atlantic Bridge supports portfolio companies in scaling internationally with a global investment team and offices across Dublin, London, Palo Alto, Munich and Paris.
Atlantic Bridge is also the most active early-stage investor in Ireland, investing in deep tech companies from the Atlantic Bridge University Fund - a unique partnership between Atlantic Bridge and leading universities to accelerate the commercialisation of world class science and to globally scale the companies formed. The Fund invests in companies with a keen focus on technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotics, IOT, quantum computing and healthtech. This role is a unique opportunity to join a team of investors with an exceptional track record.
For more information visit: https://abven.com/university-bridge-fund/
Profile of Candidate:
The candidate will be a high calibre investment professional with venture capital investment experience and essential relevant experience in innovation and technology, preferably software. The candidate must have the ability to work off their own initiative as well as being flexible and energetic with an outgoing personality and capable of working as part of a team.
The candidate may have worked in the software technology sector before transitioning to an investment role and be a self-starter. Responsibilities will include building relationships with founders, evaluating investments and markets, conducting due diligence, completing investment transactions and actively supporting portfolio companies.
- Working directly with the Partners, Investment Directors and other team members in identifying investment opportunities.
- Building relationships with founders and meeting with prospective portfolio companies whilst representing Atlantic Bridge in a professional manner.
- Attending investor demo days and other networking events to meet with founders, prospective companies and generate deal flow.
- Assessing suitability of technology companies for investment through market research, competitor analysis, and analysis of company business plans.
- Writing investment memorandums for new and follow-on investments.
- Assisting in detailed financial, commercial and technical due diligence.
- Ongoing knowledge of emerging business, technology M&A and funding trends in the technology sector and preparing research reports on same.
- Work with portfolio companies adding value and helping them scale to commercial success.
- 3+ years investment experience, preferably with a venture capital fund.
- Experience evaluating software companies (candidates may have software engineering experience).
- Familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices.
- Excellent networker with ability to identify investment opportunities and generate deal flow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as an exceptional analytical ability.
- Be a self-starter and a team player.