BlueData Delivers Ultimate Flexibility and Choice for Big Data Deployments on Amazon Web Services
BlueData, provider of the leading Big-Data-as-a-Service (BDaaS) software platform, today announced the general availability of its BlueData EPIC software on Amazon Web Services (AWS). BlueData EPIC on AWS delivers ultimate flexibility and choice for Big Data environments, enterprise-class security and cost controls for multi-tenant deployments, as well as the ability to tap into both Amazon S3 and on-premises storage.
BlueData is the first and only BDaaS platform with support for both on-premises and cloud environments, leveraging embedded and fully-managed Docker containers for portability across any infrastructure. BlueData EPIC provides the same self-service user experience whether running in the public cloud or a corporate data center; and the same Docker-based application images for Hadoop, Spark, and other Big Data tools are portable across on-premises and cloud deployments. BlueData EPIC on AWS is generally available now – with planned support for Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and other public cloud services in the coming months.
BlueData is also the only BDaaS solution that allows data scientists, developers, and analysts to work with their data frameworks and tools of choice – including Spark standalone; Hadoop distributions from Cloudera, Hortonworks, and MapR; other frameworks such as Kafka and Cassandra; Jupyter and Zeppelin notebooks; Python and R libraries; as well as other data science and analytics tools. Customers now have this same flexibility to use their preferred Big Data applications – with a consistent, repeatable, and agile deployment process – for both on-premises and AWS environments.
Key benefits of BlueData EPIC on AWS include:
- Simplified user experience for both administrators and data science teams, abstracting the AWS-specific infrastructure so they can focus on their Big Data needs.
- Faster AWS onboarding for multiple teams and Big Data workloads, eliminating the need for DevOps expertise and reducing the cost and time involved.
- Greater agility and flexibility, with self-service clusters pre-configured on Amazon EC2 for Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, and other Big Data applications.
- Reduced AWS costs through the use of fine-grained resource quotas, start/stop controls, and cost reporting in a multi-tenant environment.
- Faster time to insights with pre-built cluster integrations to Amazon S3 and in-place analytics against on-premises data.
- Improved data governance with integrations to Amazon VPC (including site-to-site VPN), Active Directory, and Kerberos for authentication.
“As a financial firm with proprietary research and trading technology, our data science and development teams need to work in a collaborative yet highly secure environment for Big Data analytics,” said Adam Krauszer, managing member of Perry Preston Group. “BlueData provides an easy-to-use platform that allows our teams to collaborate and run a variety of Big Data frameworks and tools on Amazon Web Services, with all the security and control we need. With BlueData, we can improve the productivity of our developers, shorten our development cycles, and control AWS costs.”
Read more here